Announcements for Friday, May 25, 2012
1. Library: All outgoing circulation for TCHS library materials will end on today, May 25th. If you want to hit the beach over the 4 day weekend with a good book, this is your opportunity! ALL library materials are due back in the library on Monday, June 4th. Have a great weekend and read something that interests you.
2. Attention Juniors. Your senior class portraits will be taken June 4th, 5th, and 6th. Your appointment time posted by the main office and by the school store. Come to room A224 if you have any questions.
3. “An Evening of Unity and Cultural Diversity,” presented by the TCHS Dance Troupe and Step Team,6pm,Friday, June 1, 2012. Tickets $5 in advance, $7 at the door. See Ms. Walden for more information.
4. Seniors: A representative fromMercerCountyCollege will visit with seniors who are interested in attending MCCC and need more information on the programs offered and financial aid. It is not too late to look into a college/trade opportunity, but you need to attend this information session to find out more. Please come to the community room today at10am. See Ms. Rahman in the Guidance Office, Room A216 to confirm your attendance at the session
5. Yearbooks, Attention Seniors: 2012 Yearbooks are almost sold out! Only a limited amount of yearbooks remain. Price is $65 and will go up to $75 in June. Buy yours now in room A-224.
6. Attention Juniors: Interested in a summer job? The G9 Summer Program is hiring 6 current juniors to work as peer mentors for one month this summer. Pick up an application in room A-224.
7. Fortis Institute is sponsoring a Career Exploration at its post secondary education facility through a Field Study Trip onWednesday, May 31, 2012. Lunch will be provided. See Ms. Burks in E-124, if you are a graduating senior and interested in the careers of Medical Assistant, Medical Insurance Billing and Coding, Dental Assistant, HVACR or Electrical Systems Technician.
8. Seniors: Please bring your college acceptance letters to the Guidance Department ASAP, room A216. In-house scholarships will be awarded to eligible students who submit their college acceptance letters in the Guidance department. Scholarships are available in the Guidance Department
9. Seniors: Please pick up scholarship applications at the Guidance Office, A216 or see your teachers.
10. JROTC: Cadets, we will all meet today right after school for drill practice. Attendance will be taken at3pm
11. Tutoring: Tutoring in math and language arts will be available from 3-4pm, Monday-Thursday, in the library. Please take advantage of this opportunity to get extra help.
12. Shout Outs
a. Mr. Kamua would like to send a big shout out to the Junior Class for a wonderful Junior Prom. You all looked marvelous.
13. Happy Birthday to Gerson Flores, Maria Gomez, Kaya Keese, Miguel Santiago, Sharlene Williamson, Ciaran Worthington
14. Sports Schedule:
05/25/12Friday Spring Track V Boys A TBA NJSIAA Sectional championship
05/26/12Saturday Spring Track V Boys A TBA NJSIAA Sectional championship
Thought for Today: Memorial Day message: “Freedom isn’t free.”